home images audio new info sitemap gallery
Minimixes other grandmix playlists Mixes on CD
- Intro Grandmix 83
- Am/Fm - Natascha King
- Just Be Good To Me - S.O.S. Band
- New York, Ny - Nina Hagen
- Let's Stay Together - Tina Turner
- Last Night A DJ Saved My Life - Indeep
- When Boys Talk - Indeep
- All Night Long - Lionel Richie
- I Like Chopin - Gazebo
- Sucker DJ - Dimples D
- Rockit - Herbie Hancock
- Jam on Revenge - New Clues
- Get It On - Spence
- Too Shy - Kajagogoo
- The Crown -Gary Bird
- Get The Money - Valerie Oliver
- Let's Dance - David Bowie
- Take me to the top - Advance
- Good Time Superstition Medley - Clubhouse
- You Are In My System - Robert Palmer
- It's Alright - NV
- Hip Hop Bebop - Man Parrish
- Magic Wand -Whodini
- You Are Beautiful - Chic
- Hey You - Rock Steady Crew
- Play that Beat (Mr. DJ) - Globe & Whiz Kid
- Feel The Drive - Doctor's Cat
- How About It - MDMC
- Where Is My Man - Eartha Kitt
- Holiday - Madonna
- Something Special - Steve Harley
- Get Down Saturdaynight - Oliver Cheatham
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
- Valley Style - T. Sky Valley
- Let The Music Play - Shannon
- On The Upside - Xena
- In The Bottle - C.O.D.
- What I've Got Is What You Need - Unique
- Activate - Sharon Redd
- New Dimension - Imagination
- Making Music - Gary's Gang
- Thriller - Michael Jackson
- Hypnotic Tango - My Mine
- Takin' it Straight - Corey Josias
- Dolce Vita - Ryan Paris
- I.O.U. - Freeez
- I Love How You Feel - Sharon Redd
- Let No Man Put Asunder - First Choice
- I Love You - Yello (sample)
- Love Game - Pure Energy
- Walkin' on Sunshine - Rocker's Revenge (sample)
- Weekend - Class Action (sample)
- Last night A DJ saved my life - Indeep (sample)
- Get on out of my mix - Dolby's Cube (sample)
- In the bottle - C.O.D. (sample)
- Wanna Be Startin' Something - Michael Jackson
- Weekend - Class Action
- Happy Station - Fun Fun
- Happiness - Cuba Gooding
- In The Name Of Love - Sharon Redd
- Burn It up - Risque (rhythm loop)
- Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics
- Owner Of A lonely Heart - Yes
- Primitive Desire - Eastbound Express Way
- Blue Monday - New Order
- Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode
- So Many Men - Miquel Brown
- Searchin' - Hazell Dean
- Party - Julius Brown
- My Forbidden Lover - Tapps
- Vamos a la Playa - Righeira
- Boys come to town - Earlene Bentley
- Living on Video - Trans-X
- Grandmix 83 Blast-off
About the "Directors Cut"
The Grandmix 83 "Directors Cut" now ends with "Living on Video" by Trans-X
Tracks 69 to 77 were in the original mix, but not broadcasted due to the maximum time available in 1983.
As the mix now runs on for 4 more tracks, it will be more complete than the one broadcasted in 1983.
Among the tracks removed from the very end are "Zarah - Nina Hagen", "Beat it - Michael Jackson"
"Maniac - Michael Sembello"and some obscure tracks I don't even remember.
Believe me nothing worth keeping is lost here, as these extra tracks were only in the mix to make sure it
was at least one full hour. Consider this to be the final "Directors Cut"of the Grandmix 83
Minor level adjustments have been made, as well as improving a couple of cuts.
(remember, 83 84 85 86 87 were originally edited on tape, and tape splicing is
limited to changing the splice angle for a somewhat smoother cut.) Have a look at the studio.
2 x SL1200mkII turntables with Stanton Triple E cartridges
1 x Teac Tascam mixer 3A (8 channels)
1 x Teac Tascam 4 channel tapedeck for tapeloops
1 x Master Recorder: Revox PR99 with Studer "Butterfly" recording heads.
Speed: 38 cm/s 2track
Tape: 1/4 inch BASF 911 at 510 nanoweber level
Sennheiser vocoder for robot voices
Reel to reel tape
The complete mix didn't fit on one reel, and had to be transported in 2 sections.
The last 5 minutes of tape 1 were identical to the first 5 minutes of tape 2, and
whilst broadcasting I had to sync up the machines at the NOB (NOS at the time)
to make a very fast (and unnoticeable) live crossfade from tape 1 to tape 2.
Later these tapes were transferred to Sony F1 Digital, solving the live crossfade problem.
The first time the mix was broadcasted in 1983, tape box 2 turned out to be empty,
and the time gap was filled with Side A of a High Fashion Mix Album by Ben Liebrand.
One week later the mix was broadcasted as initially intended.
other grandmix playlists
Contact us: email@example.com